Friday, April 11, 2008

Choosing Joy

Today is a much better day. The sun is shining, the weather is (finally) warming up, my kids are happy. Is W sleeping better? No. But it doesn't matter. The sleep battles will not last forever. And honestly, there are worse things in life than missing a few hours of sleep.

Instead, today, I choose joy. I choose to be happy and enjoy my children, my husband, my work, my home despite the frustrations and imperfections. Life is better this way; it is easier.

So I apologize to fellow bloglanders for my previous post, my grumblings that seem so small in the grand scheme of life.

I am blessed. I have a wonderful husband who is loving and supportive. I have two beautiful boys who bring me pure joy with their smiles & laughter. I have a job that I love that provides for my family. I have a roof over my head, a bed to sleep in, and food on the table (even if that means cereal - again - for dinner!). I even have many luxuries that I take for granted.

Today, I choose who I am: Joy!

No comments: