It is a "ritual" of Jacob's to say goodnight to just about everything prior to falling asleep. Tonight was no exception.
"Goodnight, Guys! Goodnight blankie, goodnight window! Goodnight fan!" After each item, I'm repeating the same because he will otherwise continue to say goodnight to the one object until I follow suit. (maybe he wants me to acknowledge that I know that he knows what he is talking about? Not sure...)
"Goodnight Grammie, Goodnight Papa! Goodnight Ter-tah-per!"
Ter-tah-per. What in the world? What is a Ter-tah-per?
Jacob continues, "Goodnight Ter-tah-per! Goodnight Ter-tah-per! Goodnight Ter-tah-per!""
I'm stumped. I have no idea what he is saying. So...I simply respond by repeating, "Goodnight, Ter-tah-per!" Still clueless.
I go out to tell my husband about the conversation, to see if he could interpret.
DH thought for a while...."Caterpillar! He was saying caterpillar."
Ahh, yes, Jacob was saying goodnight to the Caterpillar, a moonwalk we had been on at our church's annual fall picnic just hours before. And I'm sure he's been wondering just what the heck his mother was saying goodnight too.
Goodnight, Caterpillar. And goodnight to the Ter-tah-per too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment