All Moms have a "must-haves" list, so here's mine, pertaining to breastfeeding:
1. Breastpump (pump every 2.5 to 3 hours while away from baby)
I like this one. See if your insurance will cover it too!
2. Breast pads
My Favorite ones.
3. When my milk supply regulated (~4 months with #2), I like these.
4. Lanolin
5. Storage: less washing and for freezing.
6. Troubleshooting & support: Medela and breastfeeding
7. Nursing bra (I like the nude colored ones from Kohl's - availble in store only)
8. Thinking of a "milk waterfall" for let-down. Works like a charm every time!
9. For the first 3-4 months, pumping 10 minutes after morning nursing session to build an excess supply for the freezer. This allows mama to be able to get away without feeling like she has to "rush home" to feed the baby.
10. Drink plenty of water!
11. Eat oatmeal
12. Fenugreek - you'll smell like maple syrup, but it works!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment