-Squishy is our nickname for Nate. He just is!
-He has wrinkly elbows and chicken legs - I know it won't be long before he beefs up and has lots of rolls, so for now, we're enjoying him being so small, and Squishy.
-We love to cuddle with him squished up on our chests. Just like he was when he was in my belly. Sweet boy!
-Nate's belly button stump fell off on 9/11/09 @ 8 days. I'm so glad, because it stunk!
-We went to church for the first time as a family of 5 yesterday. It was exhausting, but uplifting and very much needed! I think all I did was sweat most of the morning, but it was worth it. The choir sang "Blessed Be Your Name", and it made me tear up, as Tim & I sang along, and held our third-born son in our arms.
-Jacob started his first day of Sunday School yesterday. He is in the 3 year old class with lots of his friends ~ it's neat to see all the kiddos who were born (of our friends) around the same time doing all the same things together.
-Wyatt "yells" at Nate when he cries. N will cry, and W will respond with equally as loud yells. We just laugh.
-The big boys have resorted to picking on each other often - while in the car, playing, eating, etc. They spend just as much time playing & laughing together, so I guess it all balances out, right?
-Jacob and Wyatt both licked dirt this weekend. Yep, licked it. Mmmm...
-Wyatt is into putting things in his ears. Acorns, rocks, twigs...you name it, he's tried it in his ears. We're trying to ignore this behavior (unless we see immediate danger) so as to not give him attention for it. Sigh....boys.
-Tim went back to work today, after 10 days off. Bittersweet, as always. We miss him so much! We had so much fun together this last week (eating out, Apple Orchard, getting the boys' haircuts, Farmer's Market, Park, U of M football game, playing outside, church, church picnic, and Three Brothers dinner....not to mention all the love & laughter we had together!) I am so proud of & grateful for him as a husband, a father, a son, brother, uncle, and friend. He is so loving and tender with our boys, and he is so "into" being a dad, a family man. God provided me with everything that I need in him ~ I truly could not ask for more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment