Monday, June 4, 2012

Happy Birthday!

Jacob, you are 6 years old today.
Happy birthday, my sweet biggest boy!



At age 6, you love riding your bike, trains, reading books, eating pizza & chicken, fruits & veggies and noodles, "doing something fun", adventures, watching and learning how machinery works, asking questions, God, singing, leading, coloring, making "decorations", swimming and anything to do with water, your cousins, your grandparents, school, your brothers, Sunday School, and playing baseball.
You don't care much for sleeping in, eating cheese, waiting, basketball, being hot, or being still. 

I can't believe how fast this past year has gone.  You are nearly done with Kindergarten and have grown in so many ways.  You have learned and led, you have taught and followed.  You continue to be such a great big helper to me and your brothers; you have the biggest heart a mama could ever pray for.

Jacob, you are sensitive and sweet, kind-hearted, and generous.  You are always wanting to play with Everett and Nate, and constatnly simultaneously loving and butting heads with Wyatt (and sometimes Nate too!).  I've enjoyed watching your relationship with each brother grow in different ways.

Yesterday, you asked to take the training wheels off of your bike.  After a few practice runs, I'm not so sure you felt it was the best decision, but you gave it a good go.  It was an amazing thing to watch you try two wheels with your Daddy.  It's something a parent thinks and dreams about, but when it comes time to actually do, it truly is a breathtaking moment. 

You have been reading for a few months now - which is another Major Life Event for us.  (I guess some days I still feel like I'm 17; I find it hard to believe that I'm an adult and I'm old enough to have kids, let alone kids who can ride without training wheels and read books to me.)  You love school and have thrived and excelled in Kindergarten.  This week you received an award at school called the Leadership Wall of Fame.  You were one of 14 students who were nominated by their teachers for your leadership skills.  You were recognized by the principal, and stood to receive your award in front of the whole school.  Daddy and I got to attend the ceremony and could not have been more proud!  Our hearts were bursting that day.
We are so proud of you, every day, J

I am looking forward to the end of the school year (8 days!) and having our schedule back, and having some time to just relax or do lots of things ahead of us.  I'm mostly looking forward to some more time with you!  It's still hard to 'give you up' for 7+ hours a day, 5 days a week! 

6 years ago I was given one of the sweetest gifts: you.  The chance at being a mother.  You have been one of the greatest gifts a mama could every hope for, pray over, dream about.  You are my love, my joy, my heart.  I thank God for you every single day.  It continues to be an honor to be your mom!

I love you, today, and always, Jacob.

Happy Birthday.

Mom

No comments: