Monday, January 26, 2009

New Life

8 weeks, 5 days.
Due September 2, 2009.
3 babies in 38 months.
WOW - I'm pregnant.
Again.
(Surprise!)

I had a positive HPT on January 8, 2009 - I held the news to myself for 12 hours, through work, and after our guests (SIL, nieces, cousin) left for the evening. I simply blurted it out to my husband this time - no fancy cards or gifts. It was 11:30 PM, and he was just turning out the light for bed - I showed him the test and started laughing & tearing up. Talk about an adrenaline rush! We talked and laughed until about 2:30 AM - no rest for the weary.

Since, it has been a whirlwind few weeks - of nausea, vomiting, fatigue, oh and taking care of two busy boys! I am doing my best to just let the house, the laundry, and everything else go....thankfully I don't care too much, either.

Today was my first OB appointment with Dr. L. Based on my LMP, I should be around 12-13 weeks, but according to the ultrasound, I am 8w5d (thanks to breastfeeding).

3 babies in 38 months. Crazy, no?

I've always said I would love a September baby and that I needed to "not have a big gap in my kids' ages" ~ well, here ya go! God has a sense of humor. Thank you, Lord, for this precious gift. We look forward to this new sweet addition in our family. Please help us be the best parents to him/her that we possibly can be.

I still have to inform my brothers, SILs, and grandma. Not to mention work, friends, small group....

But first, sleep.

Sleep, sleep, sleep.

No comments: