We are 11 weeks into pregnancy #3 - time is a flyin'!
"Morning" sickness, not-so-much. Late afternoon and early-evening sickness, YES. I guess that is not totally all true - I feel pretty icky all day long, it just seems to get worse right before dinnertime. Exhaustion definitely is a huge trigger too. I'm puking about 2-3 times per week, always at night and mostly after brushing my teeth (of course).
I am wanting to eat: cheese, bagels, pastas, baked potatoes, egg salad, and cheddar and sour cream potato chips. I have a big aversion to coffee (sniff, sniff!) and mint right now, so I'm chewing watermelon gum and using bubble gum toothpaste. The other night, at 8:30 PM, I cooked corn on the Cobb. Yes, seriously. In February, at that. But it was delicious! I am looking forward to warmer weather and yummy produce season. I am going to seriously do my best to try not to gain 60 + lbs with this pregnancy....that means lots of exercise and not as much eating this time! This will be healthier on both me and the baby and increase my chances for another VBAC delivery. (Jacob was delivered by emergency c-section, Wyatt by VBAC - I definitely prefer the latter!)
We have told all of our family, most of our friends, and Tim has told his work. I plan on telling my work this week or next, and then hopefully we can share with our small group soon. We have friends (in the small group) that are currently in the middle of an IVF cycle, and we didn't want to be intrusive. I'm trying to be extra sensitive to my friends who struggle with infertility. I am aware that there is no delicate way around it.
The boys are doing great!
Wyatt is 13 1/2 months, and still cruising around the furniture. He has 6 teeth, and is working on a few more. He has had his haircut a few times, and is turning into a great sleeper (8 PM -7:30 AM, or is that just today's fluke?)! We stopped nursing a few weeks ago, pretty flawlessly, though it was tougher on him than it was Jacob.
Jacob is working his way toward 3 at a rapid pace, carrying on conversations and loves to talk on the phone. He LOVES his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins. He gets really excited to see any or all of them! He can recognize almost all of the alphabet letters, both in order and out of order.
We (Tim & I) are starting to think about the process of potty training, but I'm fairly certain Jacob's not physically ready to start the process. He is showing some of the signs, but not all. I am starting to do my research, as potty training seems like a pretty intimidating subject!
Thank you, Lord, for the gift of my precious family. You have blessed me immensely; I am overwhelmed by your grace.
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment