Seriously? It should be called late afternoon/early evening/night sickness. And it surely doesn't "magically" disappear at 12 weeks. But I already knew this, somewhere in the midst of my "pregnancy amnesia". Blech.
I had a 12 week ultrasound last week. It was amazing! You could see that sweet little baby in there - wiggling, kicking, and hiccuping (yes, it's true - isn't that crazy?!) all over the place. The baby wasn't cooperating for the nuchal fold test (measures the thickness of the neck, looks for Down Syndrome/other genetic markers or neural tube defects - praise God all looks healthy and well!) so I had to lay on my side after drinking some cranberry juice. The baby then proceeded to go nuts! Ha, ha. But most definitely an awesome appointment - the halves of the brain were visible, the little heart beating away, arms, legs, tooth buds, ears, eyes, etc.
I got some really great pictures - to which Jacob promptly called the baby a "Baby Pumpkin". I still don't think he understands that there is a baby in my belly, and that his little world is gonna change yet again, but we keep dropping hints here and there!
I had my 12 weeks appointment today. All is well - got to hear the heartbeat after some searching by Dr. Lacoste - she says the Baby was moving all over the place, and mostly we heard movement. HA.
Okay, off to bed to get a break from this nausea.....iiiicck.
Monday, February 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment