Saturday, July 18, 2009

Nesting all around

This week, I've had intense urges to clean everything under-the-sun. Including baby clothes, bedrooms, bathrooms, the cupboards, and cars. I've settled on cleaning the bathroom and the pantry so far.

Makes sense ~ 33.5 weeks, and I'm feeling the "crunch time". We've got 6 weeks, give or take a few days, prepare for No. 3 all around. Yikes!

Today, we bought a dresser that will double as a changing table for the nursery (AKA "the green room" and currently, Wyatt's room). Best part is that it's already assembled! We bought a new changing pad, changing pad covers, and 2 new books for the bigger boys to keep them occupied in the store, while we waited endlessly for some help.
When we came home from the Big Baby Store, Tim changed Jacob's crib into a "big boy bed". Whoa. I know, I know, he's now over three, and it's about time, but my baby, my baby! He loved 'helping' Daddy change the bed over, and is currently napping in it as I write. So far, so good.
Next project = move Wyatt's crib in to Jacob's room, and set up another crib (borrowed, or given? to us by a family from church) in the nursery for Littlest Man. Possibly move dressers/other furniture around to make everything fit just right. Our house is only 1145 square feet, and rooms are 9 x 10 and 9 x 11, so we gotta work with what we can :)
I will also be washing, organizing, and sorting clothes for all of the boys (mostly the baby) ~ to have some fall clothes ready, and rearrange drawers & closets. I know I've got some time ahead of me, so I'm moving at a slow pace (not surprising for this stage of pregnancy!) to not have it all done and then sit around to wait....not that we can truly do all that with 2 toddlers, ha!
Next week (July 26) is the hospital tour ~ I will be delivering at the "new" hospital (finished last year, I think?) from where I delievered the first two boys, so I'd like to have a sense of what the set up is like. From the website it looks nice ~ flat screen TVs, pull out couches, fridge & microwave accommodations, etc. Very nice set up for the dads, oh and that makes Mom more comfy too! (When it comes down to it, I'm not really going to care too much about all that stuff, but it sounds nice on paper, anyway). What I look forward to most is what they feature on the website too ~ bonding w/ Mom and baby, skin-to-skin contact, delayed medication administration, etc. We weren't as concerned with all of that with Wyatt's birth, as it was a VBAC, and it was "all new" to us, but this time 'round, I'd like to change things up a little bit.

I'm feeling fairly good these days ~ Little Dude is active, and just today, his movements have been a bit uncomfortable (cervix, hipbones, groin, etc) at times. I am currently up 40 lbs from my start weight, but this is the least amount gained for any pregnancy yet. I guess you could call that "accomplishment". HA! I broke the 200 lb mark with Jacob (to my defense some of that was water weight/swelling ~ he was born in 90 + degree heat and humidity, oh okay, I was eating a lot of ice cream too, I guess) and came close to that with Wyatt. I'm currently 180, and can't imagine I'll be gaining another 20 lbs in 7 weeks.......right? Eeek!
This summer has been great for pregnancy ~ the humidity has been quite low for most of it, and the weather has been in the mid-70's for much of the time. Weird for this time of year, but I'm definitely not complaining!

Anyway, off to change the laundry loads and continue making "lists". Ahhh.....feathering my nest is so much fun.

No comments: