It's been a tough few days. Hmph ~ actually, this pregnancy has brought more ups and downs emotionally than either of my two previous ones. I'm grumpy and have mood swings - a LOT, I am sure my husband would agree! Grrr....I find myself short on patience frequently, and snapping over the tiniest things.
We started potty training Jacob last week. I mean that in a very loose way ~ I have no idea what I'm doing, and frankly, he seems to sense that. He's gone on the little potty once, in one week, and dozens of other times on the floor, the couch, chair, in his pants, etc. I can see him squirm, hold his privates, and run around - all the while holding in his pee, then refuses to sit on the potty and/or go there. Yesterday I put a diaper back on him to give us both a rest. I know there is no "right" or "wrong" way to do this, but wow...it's exhausting! I feel tied down, stuck, and it feels like we will never get there. I realize that these are irrational statements, and that no kid has ever graduated from high school in diapers, but geesh~
So I'm getting frustrated over things that are pretty much out of my control. I guess it's a natural part of pregnancy ~ and typical (for me) for this point too. I remember feeling overwhelmed by "the future" with my other two. This time it's...."how will I care for 3 young boys? how will I keep my sanity? How will I work? What will we do for daycare? Will we be able to...?" and on and on. Then the negativity comes in ~ circular thoughts on how much work all of this is, how I can never keep up, I'm slacking, I'm exhausted, etc. Satan sure has a way of sinking his claws & teeth in after he has a hold, doesn't he? WOW. It's a gripping, overwhelming feeling.
But....the Lord makes every morning new, doesn't He? Thank you, God, for that! What a sense of peace I have today. I know that the Lord is going to provide everything we need for our growing family ~ physically and emotionally. I just have to let go, and let Him do so!
I have tons more I could add, but for now.....we are off to get ready for pediatrician appts for the boys. Fun times!
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment