When attempting a new or change in routine, the key is always "three nights".
Sometimes I have to remind myself of this rule.
For example, changing from a crib to a toddler bed. Night one = worst.experience.ever. Night two = screaming & crying when put down, not letting Mommy leave, etc. but better than the first night, still not great, no wake ups until 5:30 AM (some pitter patter of feet and later found blanket moving) but no crying out until 7:45 AM. Night three = say prayers, sing song, put music on, give hugs & kisses, and walk out the door. There was a tiny bit of pleading for Mommy to stay, but I told Jacob I had to go put Wyatt to bed, and that I'd be back in to check on him later. So far, so good. It's pretty quiet in his room, with the exception of the music.
The boys are wiped out today, as my parents (who watch them on Mondays) didn't put them down for their naps b/c they were out and about on fun summer adventures (and let's be honest, they let the boys run the Grammie & Papa show!)....Grrrr.....post for another day.......needless to say, they're simply exhausted. Thankfully, the exhaustion is helping us transition.
YEAH! Here's to what I'm hoping is a "return to normalcy" ~ that is, until we move Wyatt in with Jacob. Oh yeah, and then their Little Brother comes home to stay.
Ha, ha!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment