Friday, October 23, 2009

Seven

Can someone tell me where my tiny newborn went?

Nathaniel, you have grown into an infant in the blink of an eye. 7 weeks have flown by, my sweet third baby.

At 7 weeks, you are still so easy going. You sleep, eat, smile, coo, and occasionally get fussy. You L-O-V-E your big brothers and your Daddy. You don't necessarily care for a wet or dirty diaper, but have little to say about the subject. You are wearing size 1 diapers, but I'm not buying another package in that size ~ you're growing quickly! I'm also trying to cloth diaper you (and Wyatt) as much as possible. And trying to potty train your biggest brother. Trying is the operative word here :)
You are wearing size 3-6 month clothes, mostly, with some 0-3s still. You have really big feet! And the sweetest smile....with "happy eyes" and coos to match.
You love to sleep in your swing or on my chest, but do well in the bassinet by our bed at night. You (mostly) love the sling, and are very agreeable to being toted around all over the place.
You have a short fussy time in the evenings, between 8-10 PM, but it seems to be fading out some. You will now go down for bed and sleep your first stretch for 4-5 hours. Now if only I would learn to go to bed when you do...
Both of your big brothers are smitten with you. I don't think they realize there was ever a time that you were not here. Neither do I, my love.

Your Dad & I have a lot of big decisions to make in the near future, Nate. Decisions that will affect finances, emotions, and care for you 3 boys. It's overwhelming at times, but it's also very exciting. We have a lot of possibilities, and carving out what's best for our family is a struggle. We want to provide for you, but also take into account nurturing you all. We're praying that God guides us to His plan for our family.

I love you, sweet boy. I am enjoying your babyhood, and wishing to savor every moment that I can. It's all going by much too quickly.

With all my heart,
Mama

(I'm attempting to upload pictures, but it's taking forever and/or I can't figure out blogger!)

No comments: