So I'm back at work. And to be honest, the transition so far has been smooth sailing. Granted, I'm exhausted, but I was before I went back too! There is no rest for the weary in motherhood, I'm afraid. I've come to accept that this time around (third time's a charm, apparently!) that I will be tired to the bone more often than not. And I.am.tired. But, truth be told, I'm enjoying my children that much more because of my attitude.
Wow. I digress.
Yes, I'm back at work. My schedule has been great - full day in the office, half day in the office, full day working from home, and half day in the office. Not too shabby. And next week is a short one due to Thanksgiving - we are closed Thursday and Friday.
We are blessed: my in-laws have been a tremendous help with this transition, certainly without them, it would be much harder on all of us. Tim started work from home this week ~ Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays he is pluggin' away in our basement office, and we are in search of a Mother's Helper (or in this case, Father's) type of a person to come in and help with the boys so they can have someone totally devoted to them. For now, my FIL & MIL are bridging the gap as well as taking Wednesdays ~ they are retired, and wanting to help (my BIL & SIL and nieces just moved out of state, I know they are grieving this loss) it continues to build the boys' relationship with their grandparents - something I was not able to have with my own grandparents growing up. I will say it again: we are blessed!
My parents are also still going to take the boys on Mondays, and Tuesday mornings my mom and Jacob will go to here. I guess there is an infant and a 2-year-old program starting in January, so Wyatt might join them. Nathaniel could go too, but that's a lot on my mom to try to lug the three of them out solo. ;)
***
In other news, I've been able to cloth diaper the younger 2 on a more consistent basis. I'll admit I don't do it 100% (not at night, not always at naps, not all the time when we're out), but do it as often as I can, and am definitely enjoying it - it's a fun challange for the frugal mama in me. I am definitely cutting down on our output of paper diapers & wipes (3.in.diapers.seriously) and Wyatt's been telling me more often when he's wet or dirty. I keep saying we're getting a 2-for-1 deal on potty training, because Wyatt seems like he's way more eager to learn the skill than his big brother. Hmph!
AND - Score for Mama: all 3 boys are napping in their respective beds this afternoon!
Stay tuned, more pictures & updates to come....Happy Thursday!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for weight in on the sleep training. It's so hard to know exactly what to do, but I am thankful for the good advice.
And congratulations on a smooth transition back to work! And DOUBLE congratulations having ALL THREE kiddos in beds for a nap! That's amazing!!
Post a Comment