We took the boys to (west of) Chicago this weekend for my cousin Steve's wedding. We all survived (and enjoyed!) 3 nights in one hotel room with our many small boys. It was exhausting, yes, but lovely to just focus on one thing: our family! No dishes, laundry, work, cooking, or housework were needing attention. Just babies. Just visiting. Just having fun!
The wedding was awesome. Jacob flirted with the bride the entire night, and she was more than accomodating to his doting ~ she stopped what she was doing many times to wave or smile at him, or to come over and give him a hug. She is an amazing young woman!
Wyatt was eyes-half-mast before the end of dinner, but seemed to be enjoying the atmosphere (even half slept in Tim's arms ~ unheard of!) and Nate was his smiley, charming self. I managed to nurse him standing up in the handicapped bathroom stall (charming, huh?) and he managed to puke all over the inside of my dress for the second wedding in a row (first was my other cousin, Kelly's wedding, that I was in).
It was sweet to see my little men all dolled up (in vests! and ties!) and enjoying the excitement of the day and evening. They were starving, and therefore ate great dinners, and exhausted by 10 PM, and it took all of about 23 seconds for them to fall asleep in the hotel following the reception.
All in all, a great weekend. But oh, is it also great to be home!
::::
Milestones: Nate is sleeping in his own crib tonight. He slept in the bassinet in our bedroom for the first 12 weeks of his life, and spent the next several weeks on and off in the swing and pack 'n play in his room. We recently purchased a third crib/toddler mattress and assembled his hand-me-down crib tonight. Here's to hoping & praying that it helps him to learn to sleep through the night. I've missed several hours of uninterrupted sleep terribly! If not, then let the sleep training boot camp begin...Happy 4 months, Little Man!
2 comments:
You ARE amazing! I am not brave enough to travel much with Will. . . funny thing, he always does okay, but I am always so nervous about it. He has never spent the night in a hotel and I don't see it happening soon :)
I took the girls up to my parents for a week ahead of my husband's arrival. I felt a little crazy about it, and no one stuck to any kind of schedule, but it was all worth the family time we got.
As far as the crib sleeping goes, congrats! Eve is still sleeping with us. I had Emery in her room by this age, but Eve is so darn easy and snuggly I just don't feel any rush to make the transition yet.
Post a Comment