Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Sad day...

I'm sad today.  Today, this disease took the life of one of my best friend's little sister.  She was 27. 

I don't have a sister, but I have good girlfriends.  Best girlfriends.  And I equate this loss to the loss of one of them.  It nearly wrecks me!  It was not an unexpected death; she was diagnosed in early childhood, and not expected to live into her teens.  She defied the odds, and lived 18 + years beyond all of that.  She had been in hospice care for the last few weeks, so we knew the end of her life was near. 

But it's still hard.  And it still hurts.  And my heart is broken for my girlfriend, and her parents.  The mother.  Oh, my Mama's heart is hurting!  The loss of a child is something I cannot fathom....it rocks me to my core.  

Lord, be near the S family.  I thank you for making M whole & healed today.  I'm grateful she was able to spend 27 + years here with her family, who showed her unconditional love.  I thank you for the promise of eternal life, giving us the ability to live with hope. 

No comments: