A moment in motherhood I could have certainly lived without: cleaning puke from kids and their beds at 2:00 AM. Of course, it couldn't have been "easy" ~ Jacob was sleeping in Wyatt's bed, and got sick all over both of them and the bedding. I cannot tell you how much I don't do puke. But when you're down to one parent, sometimes there is no choice. Ugh!
Tim's been sick since last night, and I'm not feeling great today. So far....Wyatt and Nate seem unaffected. I'll bet at least Wyatt comes down with The Ick at some point. Right now though, he's bouncing off the walls and seems perfectly healthy to me. Kids!
Added 2/10/10: I had a 103 fever last night and felt awful for the majority of the day. I'm hoping that's the worst of it for me, because as we all know, Mommies don't get sick days!
Added 2/11/10: sure enough, Wyatt is now has the The Ick. I went in to check on the big boys around 10:30 PM, before turning in myself (which is something I don't normally do, but thankfully felt led to do so!), and Wyatt was sitting up, awake. He said, "I made a mess, Mommy". Poor Little Man, he had gotten sick all over his bed & bedding. So, we stripped everything down and moved his mattress to the living room. Tim slept with him out there, and he proceeded to vomit on and off until after 2:00 AM. And as I was taking the first load of Icky laundry down, I tripped/slid on something on the stairs, and proceeded to break my middle toe. Grrrr..........I suppose it's better than falling on my face, but still!
Today....Wyatt is his normal, happy, bouncing, endless-energy self. I am amazed at how quickly they recover!
Here's to getting this week OVER WITH and feeling good enough to get.out.of.this.house.soon.
Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment