Sunday, June 13, 2010

Because I never want to forget

Nate
-- Blows raspberries.  It's actually more like spitting, but in a super-cute kind of way.  I blow raspberries to him, he gets all excited and blows some back, with extra spit and wiggles, so he drools everywhere.  It drives Wyatt crazy while we're in the car, because they're in such close proximity to each other.
-- Goes "mmmmmm" after each bite, no matter what he is eating.  Cauliflower, broccoli, plain baby oatmeal, you name it.  He ate black beans for the first time yesterday, and did the same!  He's a happy eater, and acts like he's famished most of the time. Heck, I probably would be too if I were army-crawling all over the house!
-- Says Dadadadadada and Mamamamama all.the.time.  I think it's because he's practicing our names, but according to my husband, that is still up for debate. 
--He is a MAMA'S BOY through and through, and I couldn't be happier about it!  He seeks me out in a crowd, wants me to hold him when he's hungry or tired, or when I'm cooking dinner.  He loves to be in the sling (mostly), and has fallen asleep in it twice in the last week.  This is unheard of for any of my boys - they have all been "independent sleepers" since age 3 months or so - great when it's nap or bedtime, as they will go right to sleep in their own beds...but, when we happen to be out during those times (for example for 9:30 AM church - smack in the middle of the first nap of the day for N), they don't sleep.  None of the three have ever fallen asleep on anyone's lap or shoulder or cuddled in for a snooze.  Pretty much it's in the car (and even that's hit or miss) or in the bed or nothing.  Is this just my kids?

Wyatt
-- has the CUTEST voice ever.  I seriously can't remember if Jacob's voice was ever "this cute".  He says the sweetest things (most of which are an echo of Big Brother).  At the dinner table he will say, "So...how's your day, Mom?" 
-- is very creative.  He was using a fire truck with a ladder as a "car transporter" the other day.  He lined up all of his match.box cars on it and was driving them all around.  He will play quietly for hours doing this sort of thing: lining up, sorting, organizing, and then making it all a mess!
-- is my bug man.  He picked up a worm the other day, calling it a snake, and essentially tore it in half (ew!), and then proceeded to kiss it (gag!).  My husband's comforting words, "well, at least the worm can regenerate itself".  Lovely.

Jacob
-- was so brave getting his 4 year shots!  He laid on the table, got three shots, and yes he screamed, but was easily consoled and even said to the MA who gave them to him, "Thank you for the pokey things!".  Sweet boy! 
--He is 41 inches tall (3 ft, 5 in) and weighs 38 lbs.  This is a 6 inch and 2.5 lb increase from 11 months ago at his 3 year appointment.  No wonder I can't keep food in this house.  I'm afraid....very, very afraid of how the adolescent years are going to be around here. 
--gets a new freckle on his face what seems like every week.  (yes he wears sunscreen almost all of the time).  But his skin seems so much more boy-ish and less baby-ish these days.  I suppose it should, he's four.  Sigh.
-- is loving a new book called the Toddler Bible Story Book.  He (and Wyatt) will sit a very long time to read stories from it, even at the end of the day when they are tired and sometimes too wiggly for a book.
--no longer wears pull.ups for rest time (or nap, depending on how tired he is).  He uses the toilet right before laying down and has been accident free all week.  I wonder if the same thing would work for nights? 

***********

Becoming a mother is the greatest gift I've ever been given, and the most fulfilling role I've ever had.  Yes, it's a lot of work, and can be overwhelming and frustrating at times.  But, these boys....my boys, my babies ~ make my heart feel like it's going to burst with such joy and pride and love!  Gosh, and I know I say this all of the time - but I still don't know how it's possible that I fall more in love with them every single day

No comments: