Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Nathaniel Jude,

My darling sweet third-born son, you are a year old today.  I can hardly believe it!  Where has the time gone?  

You are my sweet, happy-go-lucky guy.  You have a (toothless, still!) smile that can melt a heart.  You have bright blue eyes and long eye lashes that you love to bat at the ladies.  You simply adore your brothers, and likewise they adore you!

You love to "talk" and have been saying: uh-oh, Da (for Daddy), DA-AH (dog), Dan (uncle), Da-doo (thank you) and general screams for happiness ~ food, your brothers, your dad, the dog, and any other familiar family member. 

You love to EAT - and you pretty much have no food that you dislike.  I can't even say that you have a favorite food, because you eat it all! 

You still nap twice daily, and sleep about 12 hours at night - 7 PM until 7 AM, sometimes a bit later on each end.  You do like to sleep, and we have been enjoying your schedule like this for the last 4-5 months or so.

You are my sweet "little" guy ~ the smallest of the three so far.  You weigh around 20 lbs (maybe a bit less), and wear size 3 diapers, and size 9-12 month clothes.  You are skinny ~ we credit it toward you having to keep up with your brothers - your army crawl has been perfected and you are quick!  You are starting to pull up, and cruise, and are starting to transfer from couch to table, or whatever object - if they are close enough together. 

You are my cuddle bug, and definitely a Mama's boy ~ you aren't happy unless you're in my arms.  I love that about you - I have very much enjoyed our relationship, and it seems to only be getting better with each passing day!  I have learned to do many things with just one hand and a baby on my hip.  I've also used my sling carrier with you ~ which has been so much fun to carry you around.  I've enjoyed our closeness over the last year.

365 days of Nate.  It seems like a lifetime, or just the blink of an eye.  You are my sunshine, breath of fresh air, and such a source of joy in my life.  I love you every moment of every day ~ and I am grateful for it all! 

Happy Birthday, sweet baby Nate.

No comments: