Saturday, October 2, 2010

Individual Time

Wyatt is up north with the in-laws.  Jacob and Nate are home with us.

We are enjoying some quality 2-on-2 time (and 2-on-1 time at times when N is napping) with Big and Little...

But oooooh, how Jacob misses Wyatt.  He was tearing up several times today, talking about him, and a time or two during our Sk.ype session together this morning.  Poor guy.  But the distance makes them appreciate each other that much more!  I'm happy that they get the opportunity to do separate things ~ I am a big believer in "individual time", something that we strive to do with our boys as often as possible - either with us, or their grandparents.  Now, it may just be a quick trip to the store (or for example, Jacob and I ran out to go through the drive thru last night for dinner, HA!) - but it gives us a chance to spend a little time with each of our kiddos, and have uninterrupted conversation.  I treasure the time. 

Tim and Jacob are doing Guy Stuff in the basement tonight - "camping" - Jacob in a tent from I.KEA and Tim next to him with his booklight (because no...Tim doesn't typically go to bed before 8:30 PM...maybe I should have been the one to sleep down there with him...?  I digress...).  Such a Big Boy thing to do!  We'll see if Tim agrees with that in the morning ;)

No comments: