Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I miss my babies!

I've been in FL for a work training, and it's been 3 full days without my babies.  The first three days were exciting, and quiet, and care-free.  I could eat my meals in silence without having to get up to refill milk glasses, or cut someone's food.  There are no diapers to change, or agendas or schedules to follow, or reminders to give.  There are no dinner dishes, or loads of laundry to do, or floors to vacuum.  I can watch my own TV shows (cable!) and not have to censor the age-appropriateness.  (Seriously?  What on earth did I ever do before I had kids?   Apparently, I took a lot of things for granted, and wasted a lot of time....)

But on day #3, I'm starting to not care about all that "freedom".  I want to see my babies!

I want to share kisses, and belly laughs, and early morning snuggles.  I want to wrestle little boys into diapers and pajamas.  I want to soap up hair and skin, and be splashed by silly-tub play.  I want to wrap my arms around them, and feel their weight.  I want to see their dimples, and hear them playing together. 

I will return to them Friday night, after they are in bed.  It will be all I can do not to crawl out of my skin, and snatch them out of their slumbers when I get in the house. 

Saturday morning is going to be quite the reunion!  My Mama's heart is looking forward to it with much anticipation.

No comments: