Tuesday, December 28, 2010

And yet there is more....

I failed my 1 hour glucose tolerance test.
Lucky me, I get to indulge in the 3 hour version of the test.
Only first, I have to have 3 days worth of a special diet, mostly including carbs.  I actually asked if I could take the 3 hr. test this morning, because that's mostly what I've been indulging in lately - lots of carbs (it's the holidays, no?:).  But no....I have to follow a strict meal plan, then get my blood drawn a total of 4 times.  And I can't do this test this week while I'm off,  as my OB's office is closed on Friday for New Year's.  So I get to rearrange my work schedule next week, and probably take at least a half a day off for this fun-filled test.

Ugh.

And?  The boys are all sick.  Runny noses, coughing, fevers, general grumpiness all around.  I knew it was coming, but that doesn't make it any better or easier.  All they want to do is nap, and they can't even get that in because there is so much coughing happening here. 

UGH. 

No comments: