Thursday, February 24, 2011

37 weeks....

...and I never thought I'd say this: but I hope this baby keeps on cookin' for another 2-3 weeks! 

We are all sick (again - third time since Christmas) and I definitely am not feeling at my best to exert the appropriate amount of mental and physical energy into Labor & Delivery, nor am I wanting to bring a newborn into The Germs That Are Our Household currently.  We all have a variety of colds, coughs, sinus pressure, fevers, achiness, and sore throats.  We are exhausted.  And I am willing this baby to stay put for a little while (my hope is 10 days minimum...though I realize longer is more of my reality, based on my previous deliveries at 40w4d / 40w / and 40w1d) so that we can be at the top of our game to celebrate as a new family of 6! 

I've been having some more intense contractions, but nothing regular or noteworthy.  I am GBS negative (no antibiotics!  hooray!) and everything with me and Baby are looking great.  I am so grateful for "uneventful" (also known as "boring"). 

I got a Baby Book, and started filling it out. 
I have a diaper bag packed for this Baby. 
And now all I have to do is put together my things and have a few short lists on hand of last minute items needed and phone call lists, and we are good to go.

But hopefully not for a few more weeks!

No comments: