Sunday, March 6, 2011

38.5 weeks

I am finally feeling heatlhy enough for labor - I got a Zpak and an inhaler, and I am about 90% recovered from the upper respitory junk at this point, hallelujah!  My primary care doc thought my right lung sounded a bit "junky" and wasn't clearing when I coughed (probably due to there not being an incredible amount of space in there currently).

I have definitely felt a lot more contractions this week, mostly in the evenings, but sometimes throughout the day too.  The baby is definitely lower, so maybe I've "dropped"?  Never noticed that with the boys, and can't say that I can this time either.  I think I've started to lose my mucous plug over the last 2 days too (also something I never noticed with the other three).  Dr. L is right ~ I'm definitely more in tune to things, and how we're progressing toward delivery.

I had a 38 week appt with Dr. T this week (one of Dr. L's several partners) and she thought I am around 1 cm and 30% effaced.  I'm not worried nor am I surprised ~ 'I'm usually a 40-weeker' is my mantra to myself and to others.  But Tim and I both feel that this baby will come a bit early.....of course I'm writing that down, and I'll probably laugh at my words later :)

My bag is packed, minus a few last minute things - but my list is made for those.  I have a few small gifts to wrap for the boys, and I will pack a bag for them as well.  I also would love to clean out the van, rearrange seats, and add the baby's in there, but if that project doesn't happen prior to the birth, I'm okay with that. 

:::
Every day the boys wake up saying, "We have to go to the hospital to pick up the new baby!".  Jacob asks "what number are we on?", meaning what date is it ~ so that he can organize how close we are to the baby/Spring/going up north with his grandparents/going to Chicago with my mom on the train.  I love to see how his brain works!

:::

Nate turned 18 months this week ~ and he is SO much fun and yet SO ornery at the same time!  His favorite words are "Papa" and "NO" currently.  He is talking in concepts and short sentences ('There's a car' and 'where'd Daddy go?') and can follow directions fairly well.  He is sooooo very busy.  His newest experience has been to pull chairs over to places - countertops, kitchen tables, light switches, things hanging on the walls, etc and climb or see how the items work, turn the water on in the sink....you name it, the kid is doing it!  He is into everything.....no wonder he sleeps 15 hours a day!  (12 at night, 1in the morning, 2 in the afternoon).
He loves to eat, but doesn't care to sit in his high chair much.  We call him "no butt" because he is so skinny, his pants fall off of him!  He loves to run after his brothers, and one of his favorite hobbies is throwing everything.  He calls my belly a "bah-boo" (combination of belly button and baby, I think?) and will lift everyone's shirt to look at their bah-boos too....
He is still very much a Mama's boy, though he loves when his Daddy comes through the door from work!  He LOVES his Papas to pieces and will screech their names for hours when we are at their houses, or if we are in church (my dad is a pastor and sits in the front on Sundays....very convenient for Nate, who is always looking for him, but not so much for those of us who are trying to worship/hear/pay attention/not laugh during service!)
I am excited to see him as a big brother.  I know he will do great, and I am praying that the transition for him is an easy one ~ that he will know his parents still love him, that he will not feel 'replaced' or that we don't pay enough attention to him.  In fact, this is my prayer for all of my boys in the upcoming days/weeks/months/years to come....

:::

We had a "dance party" at church yesterday, and one of the memories I want to tuck away is dancing with each of my boys. 
Wyatt and I slow danced ~ and all I could think of was how I will do that with him again some day at his wedding reception.  My sweet three year old boy, in my arms, twirling around to 'Lady in Red'....with his little diapered bum, and sweet soft skin, long eyelashes, and belly laugh as we spun around and around....oh my heart! 

I love my family.  (even when it doesn't always seem so), I am thankful, every single day.

No comments: