I'm so tired I could cry.
How can my baby's sleep be getting worse instead of better? He slept better at night when he was a newborn than he does now! As a newborn he woke 1-2 times to eat, and go right back to sleep. Now? He wakes 4-5-6 (more? it's hard to keep count when I'm so delerious/half awake) times a night, and it's hardly to just eat and go back to sleep. It's to fuss, arch his back, scream.....and I know I'm making it worse by letting him sleep in our bed, mostly in the crook of my arm. Mostly I don't care how he sleeps - just if he does. I am a much better mother if I can get some decent shut-eye. And this? feels like it's never going to end!
Ugh. I know it's just a season, that this won't last forever, that I'll look back at this time and laugh......but now....
I am so tired, I could cry.
Ironically, on this day a year ago, I found out I was pregnant with him.....and while I want to be all happy and nostalgic and everything-is-all-happy-and-rose-colored....today, I am not. I love my baby, I am thrilled he has joined our family, but today (more importanly tonight) - I just want him to sleep!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think this post made ME sleepy just reading it! :) Do you think he might have reflux or something similar? Jude was doing the back-arching and screaming (and generally fussier when he woke at night) until we got him started on Zantac. It seemed to do the trick for us, just thought I'd throw it out there. :) Hope you got some zzzz's last night!
Post a Comment