Friday, June 26, 2009

3 years, 18 months, 30 weeks

Summer is here! It has been hot-hot-hot for the past week, making it interesting being pregnant. Regardless, we are enjoying time as a family and fun summer activities.

Last week, we spent a week in Nashville, TN, with Tim's brother, SIL and nieces. We had a blast! It was about 90 + humidity every single day, but it was pretty tolerable with breaks in the A/C and getting into the water (pool, sprinkler, misting fan, etc) daily. We went ot the Country Music Fest on Sunday, June 14 and saw: Jack Ingram, Montgomery Gentry, Miranda Lambert, John Rich, Sugarland, and Kenney Chesney. (I'm sure I'm missing one or two in there.....I'll have to look it up!). AWESOME show. Sugarland was a surprise guest, and they stole the show! We had a blast. Tim turned 30 on the 15th, so we continued the celebration with a low-key day, and cake with candles, of course.
The boys did great on vacation, but didn't sleep nearly as much as they should have. Due to the time change, they woke around 6:30 (or earlier) daily, and were up 'til around 9 PM or so every evening.....with a nap or two in between there, but still. YIKES. They did travel really well, as did the new van - very comfy!

I have said several times recently that I love the ages the boys are currently at ~ 3 years and 18 months (aside from a few tantrums here & there, of course). They are playing so well together, able to run and do things together, both indoors and out, and overall are so cute! Don't get me wrong - they are busy and exhausting, but well worth it!
Jacob has the memory of an elephant. He knows song lyrics, books, and remembers things that happened weeks ago! We are still approaching potty training (I think it's me that's not ready, not him) cautiously, but he is showing more interest in sitting on both the big toilet and his little potty. So is Wyatt, so maybe this will be a two-for-one deal :)

Jacob got a tricycle, a T-ball & batting set, a little card table and chairs, and a baseball mit and ball for his birthday ~ Tim said it was his best birthday ever! (not sure if he meant Jacob or himself, haha). Jacob is just about fearless when it comes to water ~ he will swim in large pools with floaties on, and can dunk himself under the water. He loves fountains and wastes no time getting wet. He would honestly stay in water (with the exception of the shower...not a fan!) from morning until night if he had anything to say about it!

Wyatt is Mr. Funny Man. He knows how to make you laugh, and loves performing for a crowd. When he is tired, he runs around in giant strides, then will stop and start turning in circles until he falls over. He is starting to get interested in books (and actually reading them!), loves to brush his teeth, and anything sweet (or food in general, he honestly acts like he never gets fed!). His hair is lighter than Jake's and is curly ~ and eyes just as blue as his big bro. He is interested in babies, and recently, has proven himself to be more gentle around them. Whew! Wyatt is also more cautious around the water. He had a few dunk-under instances on vacation and has since not been as interested in submerging himself, even in the bath. He does, however, love the shower!

I am feeling relatively good these days ~ today I am 30 weeks and 2 days. This little boy seems relatively calm, though he is pretty active throughout the day (and occasionally the night). He has hiccups about 4 times a day. He reminds me, in many ways, of Jacob. No. 3 is waaaaay low in my belly, sometimes it feels like he is almost kicking my thighs. I have some swelling (especially at the end of the day), heartburn almost always, and am often out of breath. I am also exhausted much more recently ~ but who wouldn't be chasing after these boys? :) I am finding myself wanting to get things done (i.e. moving the boys in the same room, ordering diapers on sale, and putting the basement back together after the plumbers' work) ~ but all in the same day, weekend, and basically right.now. Nesting much? Hmmm....I am also anxious about being able to care for 3 young boys and give them all the attention & love they need. But I know those feelings are typical for this point in pregnancy, and that soon I will feel more confident & emotionally ready. At 30 weeks, I am close to the end, but can't quite see the light at the end of the tunnel =)

Okay, off to get myself & Jacob breakfast, while Wyatt continues to sleep. Better get a move on early, as today is gonna be another hot one!

No comments: