My dearest, sweet Jacob,
Happy Birthday! Today you are three years old, and I am finding that hard to believe. Where has the time gone?
Today, when you came into the kitchen you said, "Oh, look at the birthday party!" to the streamers, balloons, and gifts. Your favorites have been the balloons thus far ~ you are easy to please :)
Your cousins and Aunt stopped by on their way to school to sing and wish you a wonderful day ~ what a great surprise!
We went to Daddy's work, where we said hi to all of "the ladies at the office" (and his boss, Ron) and followed it up by a handful of "No Way!"s. HA! We packed and ate (well less you and your brother, more Mommy & Daddy) a picnic lunch at the park, and played for an hour or so in the beautiful sunshine. It is about 68 degrees and no humidity - what a perfect day.
You and your brother are now down for a nap....yet to sleep...but certainly exhausted! I am hoping you get some rest for the rest of your busy & fun-filled day. I'm thinking that dinner, cake & ice cream are in order, and possibly another trip to a nearby park? We'll see what time allows....it always goes by too fast.
You give the best hugs ~ the kinds where your legs wrap around my waist, and you "squish Mommy" and say in the most heartfelt way, "Oh, I love you, Mommy". It melts my heart every time.
You are full of energy and spunk, and you love your brothers. You laugh a lot, love the outdoors, and "helping" in the garden. You love the pool, the sprinkler, and a bath with bubbles and toys. You love to read, watch animated movies, and examining boo-boos. You love to wrestle with Daddy and chase the dog around. You love to crawl, climb, run, hop, and jump everywhere.
This year you will do so much: learn to use the potty, move to a big-boy bed, become a big brother again, go to Vacation Bible School, and start Sunday School. Wow, my eldest baby is becoming so grown up! How is that possible?!
I am honored to be your Mommy, Jacob. You have taught me to slow down, to belly laugh, and to enjoy the simplicities in life. You are one of the reasons I love my job title of Mommy so much.
Sweet baby boy, on this day and always, I love you.
Happy Birthday.
Always,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment