Friday, August 14, 2009

Full Term

37 weeks (and 2 days, I'm a bit behind!). Mr. Man, we are ready when you are.
I am feeling good, enjoying this pregnancy (except for the heartburn!), and not expecting....well, much of anything. My big boys were born at 40 weeks & 4 days, and 40 weeks, respectively. I can hardly picture a delivery earlier than that! Plus, I've always wanted a September baby....so we shall see. However, we are ready for him. Diapers stocked, clothes washed, bags packed. Everything is fairly "in order" at home, and we have very loose plans of who will watch the big boys while we are away at the hospital ~ depending on the time of day, and day of the week, of course! (4 PM on a Friday would be a lovely time...ha, ha)
I love feeling Little Man's movements, squirms, and jabs. At times they are uncomfortable physically, yes, but emotionally comforting and something special between me and him all at the same time! I love that I don't have to share him yet, that we are learning all about each other before he enters this big world. My heart is so full, and I cannot wait to meet him and see his sweet face, and get to know his personality on the outside. Well...I can wait, like I said above, I'm not getting impatient ~ I've never been one of those women who "so over being pregnant". Hence....3 babies in 38 months, right? Ha, ha! Don't get me wrong, I do my fair share of complaining and being grumpy, and uncomfortable ~ but I try not to give those thoughts/feelings too much weight in the grand scheme of things. I look forward to this baby making his appearance in His perfect timing, on special day.

***

I have been seriously considering and researching full-time cloth diapering for our family. I have purchased 9 g.diapers and found some really great cloth inserts (that I'm impatiently waiting to be delivered!!) and cloth wipes, special laundry soap, and am looking at a fantastic sale on some really cute diapers found here and am ready to have cute diaper bums running around. But.....what if I hate it? What if I'm too exhausted or frazzled or lazy to stick to it? We tried CD'ing with our oldest (for about a month, and this was following an emergency c-section/recovery, and in the midst of new parenthood) but didn't stick to it. But now that I feel like I have the "hang" of parenthood (or something like that, LOL) and I have multiple children in diapers....it makes sense, right? I actually like doing laundry and I like how this option could help us reduce waste, and essentially be more green, and save us some money in the long run. I also know that I have to be flexible in any decision I make ~ meaning, I will use dispoables if and when I want to, or feel the need to, so that I don't burn myself out.
Not to mention the overwhelming choices and opinions of cloth diapers and all of the accessories and "necessities" to go with...oiy!

We are also in the midst of tightening down on our budget. This includes cost cutting, menu planning, coupon clipping, and possibly getting rid of our credit card. So many ideas and choices, again.....I supposed it's a process of trial and error to figure out what works best for us.

Okay, I've babbled on long enough....

No comments: