Friday, October 29, 2010

We're Team....

......GREEN!

All is well with our sweet 4th bundle of baby.  My ultrasound went perfectly on Monday, and for that I could not be more grateful.  The tech saw everything she needed to see, and distinctly called the heart, brain, and 10 fingers, "Beautiful and perfect".  (Insert big sigh of relief and JOY here!)

We did not find out the gender of this baby, but there were definite moments that Tim and I both waivered on that decision ~ most of which happened on the walk in to the u/s office.  It was so tempting to find out, because why not?  It's so fun to plan, to know, to envision the future.  And we get to do all of those things....in a little bit of a different way.  We figured we only had this one last chance to have this great of a surprise, so why not?  And what does it matter if we know now or if we know in 20 more weeks? 

My hope is for the delivery to go smoothly, and for Tim to be able to announce the gender, and then the baby be brought immediately to me ~ something we've never been able to experience together, and something we think would be so very special for our last babe!  (My other hope is to not deliver a baby at home....but that is a post for another day...)  I'm definitely thinking this baby is a boy, so I will be genuinely surprised if we happen to end up with a daughter.  And we have two amazing names already picked out...can't wait to share!


::

Today is beautiful.  Tim took the day off, and everyone got outside for a bit of sunshine and fresh air, and giant leaf piles and raking.  The big boys were super helpful ~ even with the bagging part of the job.  They mostly loved diving into the piles! 

We have also been enjoying some time with our family who now resides in South Carolina.  The boys have loved every minute they get to spend with their big girl cousins who are 12 and 8.  It's been nice to catch up with them - we love their company, and we miss them dearly!

Looking forward to celebrating Thanks.giving early with them, and Hallo.ween as well.

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

Nurse Lochia said...

Congrats on an good ultrasound and way to stay strong and NOT find out the gender! I wish I would have had that willpower! It does add that extra bit of surprise/excitement when you don't know the sex!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations! OOOOh, I love surprises! We were surprised with Eve and I was so convinced she was a boy, that I had to check 3 times to see that she indeed was a girl! It was a surpise, indeed. Can't wait to see how your suprise turns out!

So glad everything looked great in the ultrasound!