Tuesday, November 2, 2010

21 weeks

Pregnancy Highlights  -

How Far Along: 21 weeks (alternatively speeding right along, and crawling by at a snail's pace, depending on the day of course!)

Size of baby: 10.5 inches and almost 13 oz. ~ approximately the size of a carrot

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  I don't know exactly, doom-day is tomorrow.  AKA "The weigh in after all this horrible Halloween Candy has been sitting around".  Should be fun times, just wait for it!

Maternity Clothes:  Yup, mostly completely made the switch-over to elastic waistbands and stretchy material.  Seriously, more wardrobes should be made in buttonless, zipperless fashion!  I know I will be singing a different tune in February though...

Gender:  Can you believe we didn't find out for our fourth baby?!  We're TEAM GREEN!  And it's making everyone who knows us absolutely crazy!!!   For what it's worth, I am feeling "BOY" and the Chinese Gender Predictor test-thingy agrees.  I also had a dream the other night about delivery, "It's a BOY!" included...I do realize I have a 50/50 shot at either gender, and my heart will be happy with whomever we're blessed with! 

Movement: Yes, indeed.  Nothing predictable or anything, but probably good enough to feel on the outside.  But the Little Stinker quits any time I even think about putting my hand out to feel.  Let alone teasing Tim for the same - nothin'!!  Ah well, soon enough.  It's fun to have this shared secret between the two of us...especially while at work!
Sleep: Yes, please.  And dish out more of it, if you could?  I get 8-10 hours a night, depending on my schedule, so I can't complain.  If I wake at night (one of the boys wakes, I have to pee, or just randomly awake), I have a difficult time falling back asleep.   Doesn't happen too often, but Zzzzz....I'm wondering if it's just working full time and mothering 3 small children vs. pregnancy?

What I miss: Not much....occasional glass of wine, maybe.  Eating red sauces without having heartburn.  Not having to wear a pantyliner every.single.day.   Oh, was that TMI?  Sorry 'bout that....

Cravings: Meh...nothing really, I guess.  Fresh fruits are delicious (apples!  strawberries! grapes!  YUM), and I'm liking odd combinations of things.  For example, I sprinkled peanuts all over my leftovers of beef stew and (separate) sauted vegetables last week.  And the week before that, I think it was leftover sloppy joes mixed with leftover butter noodles.  I'm also loving LOTS of protein. 

Symptons: mild heartburn, feeling bigger all around, some mild swelling in my feet after a long day of work, and first stranger to ask when I'm due.

Best Moment this week: spending time with all of my boys, and daydreaming about how this New Little Person is going to affect our lives, and someday doing things together as a family of 6
Jacob also spelled the word "LEFT" all on his own.  We were sitting at a red light, and he was looking out the window, searching for things to start sounding out.  The turn lane sign was there, and he said, "L-l-l-eh-eh-eh-fffff-ttttt, that spells LEFT" - and I was clapping and cheering, I'm sure I scared the crap right out of him ;)  It was a very cool Mommy Moment - I'm so proud of my boy! 

No comments: