Monday, December 6, 2010

25-26 weeks

I'm getting so behind on my updates, so here's a recap as I'm on the brink of ending my 25th week, and beginning my 26th:

Pregnancy Highlights - Feeling the baby move more and more, starting to feel a little rolling action and feet/hands in my hips or under my ribs.  So cool!  I'm feeling generally great too, with the exception of being tired still, but I'm not complaining.


How Far Along:  ending 25/beginning 26 weeks

Total Weight Gain/Loss:  Umm...I think around 22 lbs so far, which is way better than any of my previous three pregnancies at this point!  I'll be happy if I stay under a 40 lb weight gain...

Maternity Clothes:  Oh yes, please!  Much more comfortable and fit better overall.  Although, I've started to outgrow a few items without stretch (jeans) and some of the shirts I have aren't long enough on me, so I don't prefer to wear them.  I really hate outgrowing maternity clothes -- way to make a girl feel really great about herself at such a vulnerable time in life....ah well, I know the weight will come off, eventually...

Gender: Can you believe we didn't find out for our fourth baby?! We're TEAM GREEN! And it's making everyone who knows us absolutely crazy!!! For what it's worth, I am feeling "BOY"...

Movement:  Definitely!  LOVE IT.  The baby is a great sleeper, and doesn't wake me or keep me up at night :)  Most active times are first thing in the morning, around 8-10 PM, and any time after I eat!  I love this time of pregnancy - it's like sharing a secret between just the two of us.  I've started to see a little bit of movement on the outside now too, which is also incredible!

Sleep:  doing great in this area too. I've always had a super-bladder too, so mostly I sleep through the night without having to get up to pee.  I'm glad for that too, because once I wake up in the night, I have a difficult time getting back to sleep.  I generally sleep about 8-10 hours a night, though recently I've been staying up a bit too late for my own liking.....I suppose I'm preparing for what's ahead when it comes to third trimester: snooze-fests and sleeping through the few "favorite shows" that I do have, on the couch beginning at 8 PM, haha!!

What I miss:  Nothing really....a glass of wine or a beer with dinner or snacks, I guess.  I had a sip of Tim's MGD the other day, and oh yum....I'm looking forward to having one of those again some day! 

Cravings:  Not too much at this point.  Sometimes I'll get really intense cravings for salads with tomatoes and cucumbers, and italian dressing and parmesan cheese.  Just typing that out makes me want one!  I love to eat, but have been attempting to keep it under control and just enjoy everything "in moderation" -- this helps with the weight gain, excessive spending (from buying coffees, fast foods, and junk), and with me feeling fairly great vs. just okay.

Symptoms:  Stuffy nose, lower back pain when I've "overdone it", shortness of breath, some difficulty in being over.  But truly, overall I really do feel amazing! 

Best Moment this week:  Starting to look forward to organizing and rearranging for The Newbie to move in -- still in the planning stages, but I definitely have a list!  It's fun to keep things relatively simple: it helps the time go by faster, and also to keep things in perspective about the baby not "needing" a lot of things, and also that life will return to a "new normal" once s/he arrives! 
I'm also trying to sort out my feelings about what's best for our family regarding my working after baby comes: working PT, FT, or SAHM all-together.  This is both an exciting and a daunting task, and an entire post for another day...stay tuned.


And apparently, uploading photos here takes an incredible amount of time, so I'll try again another day....ETA:  Here's one I copied from FB.  Apparently I can't upload directly to my blog....


Baby #4 - 24 weeks

No comments: