Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Untitled

41 weeks, per my OB.
40w 3d, per my own calculations.

It's hard to describe the place where I'm at right now.  My head is cloudy; I have all these thoughts and feelings swirling about.  Most of them are irrational, linked to my current world of unknowns and fears. 
I'm officially on maternity leave ~ but I feel like it's not the right decision for me currently.  I feel like I should "save" my time for when the baby comes (I get 12 weeks off total ~ but I'm undecided just how much time off I will take) instead of.....doing housework and chores and....waiting. 
I am not having significant contractions.  I then wonder if I'm making progress?  What will the plan be come my appointment tomorrow?  Is my body not doing what it's supposed to for some unknown reason?
I don't feel the baby move all that much at times.  My mind goes to some deep, dark places of all the things that "could happen" in all the time we're....waiting.  Again, somewhat irrational, but the thoughts are still present.  Other times, the baby is incredibly active.  I know there's not much room in there to do a lot, and I know that slowed fetal movement at the end is pretty normal. 
I want to get out to pass the time more quickly, but I'm exhausted at the mere thought of packing bags, getting shoes and coats on, loading, unloading, and oh then there's the whole "being around other people thing" ~ facing family/friends who have the best of intentions, but are just as anxious (if not moreso?!) as we are wondering about when...that added to the fact that it's not fair to the boys to just sit around with a cloudy-headed Mama who isn't engaging them the way they deserve to be.  I am the queen of negative self-talk.  Ugh.
It's raining and cold and gloomy.  It adds to the clouds in my head, my overall demeanor, and my not wanting to get the boys out 'n about.  Seriously?  Tell me just to suck it up and do it already!!!  =)  Sometimes, I am my own worst enemy.

So we wait.  Patiently, or me Not so much

Hopefully back with some news, and soon. 

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

The waiting is the hardest part says Tom petty. I felt the same way with Eve because my presence at my own brothers wedding hinged on her timing. All of my family and friends barraged me with anxious questioning constantly. My midwife encouraged me. She said this was testing my faith in my body, and in the natural order of things. All normal for pregnancy, but what was I to do with such a test of faith? I submitted to the waiting and about 24 hours later I went into labor. Not to say you haven't submitted to waiting, but I just want to tell you I can empathize with where you are and encourage you that the end is very near. The waiting really is the hardest part.